For the purpose of this exercise, we will create a table showing top 10 countries by total population based on World Development Indicators (WDI) data.
- Create new page, add a table gadget.
- Select World Bank - World Development Indicators dataset.
- Select all elements in the Country dimension, except of country groups and aggreagates; select "Population, total" element in the series dimension; select 2010 in time dimension.
- Move Country dimension to rows, move Series dimension to Columns, move Time dimension to Filters.
- Switch to Appearance tab.
- Click Sort Options button. The Sort Options dialog box appears.
- From the Select Discriminator drop-down menu, choose the "Population, total" element. It means we will sort series by this indicator.
- From the Choose Order drop-down menu, choose Desc to sort in descending order. This will let us to show countries with highest values of the selected indicator. We would be using Asc for a BOTTOM 10 analysis.
- From the Top drop-down menu, choose 10. The table will only show us top 10 rows of the sorted table.
Leave add Others checkbox unchecked.
- Click OK to apply changes
- Click Save to show the table on the page. Below is what the table is expected to look like.